Monday, December 22, 2008

Sue Spargo Workshop

We were excited to welcome Sue Spargo back for her third workshop at Yellow Bird Art, in October. We had a wonderful time making Sue's new Barrel Bag (the pattern isn't out yet, but look for it in the next month or two). The classroom was full of laughter and learning.

Deb and her Barrel Bag in progress.
Student work.
Carissa's bag.

The classroom.

Sue with her trunkshow.
Sue will be back next year, October 3 & 4. We'll be doing her Altered Textile Workshop. Students will applique some of the block ahead of time and then Sue will work with us to embellish with layers and teach about the use of ribbons, fabrics, velvets and wools to make each piece completely unique. The workshop is sure to be a great time and it's filling fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy and Company - I found some great scraps in your Scraps Barrel last time I was there, and I used a bunch of them to piece an apron. Want to see it? It's on my blog. Let's see... I think I can make my name a direct link. Yes, I can. Click on my name. :o)