Monday, June 1, 2009

In the Studio I

I don't know about you, but I love seeing other folk's sewing spaces. I was fortunate that we had the space available after adding an addition to our house for me to have a nicely sized space just for sewing. I think I've used every bit of space that I can.

My ironing and cutting area are directly across from my sewing machine. My iron is a Rowenta steam generator, and let me tell you that this iron is amazing! It gets hot, something you may have noticed is sadly lacking in many irons, and the amount of steam you can generate takes wrinkles out immediately. Friends who hate ironing have fallen in love with this iron just because its so efficient.

I've been working on wool pincushions from the Bunny Hill pattern collection. Here's the first of three Bitty Dog pincushions. I'm also working on the Bitty Kitty and the Bitty Bird pincushions. We absolutely love pincushions!

Look for more photos of samples I'm making for Yellow Bird Art in tomorrow's post.
Birdy hearts to you all!
Angela

4 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lots of sewing supplies!

Unknown said...

Ehat a great sewing space to have, a little retreat for your self.

Sherri said...

I also love seeing the spaces where people sew and create...and yours is just wonderful! Thanks for giving us a peek!

quiltmom anna said...

Nice sewing space - it is brimming with creativity- love your pottery coffee cup too.
Thanks for letting us peek at your sewing space.
Regards.
Anna